ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
Saturday October 20 2018
Declare the 38th Annual Meeting Open – President John Barrett
1. Attendance / Apologies
2. Minutes of Previous Annual Meeting
To confirm the Minutes of the 37th Annual Meeting of Queenscliffe Maritime Museum Inc. held on 18th November, 2017 – President, John Barret
Motion: That the Minutes of the 2017 Annual Meeting of Queenscliffe Maritime Museum Inc be confirmed
Moved: Seconded: All in favour?
3. President’s Annual Report
To receive from the President the 2017-2018 Annual Report.
· Motion: That the 2017-18 Treasurer’s Report of Queenscliffe Maritime Museum Inc be adopted
· Moved: Seconded: All in favour?
4. Treasurer’s Annual Report
To receive and consider the Treasurer’s Report and the Financial Statement of the Association for the year ended 30th June, 2018 pursuant to the provisions of Section 30 (3) of the Associations Incorporations Act 1981 and Clause 9 of the new Association Rules and the Report of the Auditor thereon – Treasurer, John Burgess
5. Special Business - Nil
6. Election of Committee of Management
To elect members to the Committee: Half of the Committee of Management must retire each year and therefore it is necessary to fill a minimum of six places on the Committee.
Members of the current Committee who have one remaining year of their term are: John Barrett, John Barry, Les Irving-Dusting, Val Lawrence, Martin Warneke
Members of the Committee of Management who resigned during the year were: Robert Styles, Jenn Edwick (Co-opted)
Members who have indicated they are not re-nominating for the Committee of Management are: Neville Barwick, Val Lawrence
Members of the current Committee of Management seeking re-election, whose terms expire in 2018 are: John Burgess ,Colin White
Members co-opted by the Committee of Management since the 37th AGM and eligible for election: Jennifer Gilbert
Given the above, there are eight vacant positions available on the Committee
Members from whom nominations have been received are:
- John Burgess Nominated by John Barrett; Seconded by Jennifer Gilbert
- Jennifer Gilbert Nominated by John Barrett; Seconded by John Burgess
- Sue Noble Nominated by John Barrett; Seconded by John Barrett
- Liam Petrie-Albutt Nominated by Gil Albutt; Seconded by John Barrett
- Sue Noble Nominated by John Barrett; Seconded by Colin White
- Colin White Nominated by John Barrett; Seconded by
There being less than eight nominations, no election is required.
7. Appointment of Auditor
To appoint Lindsay Broadbent of BGO Accounting and Business Solutions as Auditor – Treasurer, John Burgess.
8. Announcement of the 2018 Committee
At the conclusion of official business Peter Davidson will deliver the Capt Ray Schutt Memorial Address
Close of Meeting - President
Appointment of Office Bearers
Elected Committee members will meet immediately after this meeting to appoint Office Bearers for the coming year.
Phone: 03 5258 3440 email@example.com